Saturday, July 10, 2010

Titus 2: "behaviour as becometh holiness"

Holiness, according to Strong's Concordance, is:

1) befitting men, places, actions or sacred things to God

2) reverent

definitions from Webster's 1828 dictionary:

befitting --> Suiting; becoming; from befit --> To suit; to be suitable to; to become

reverent --> expressing reverence, veneration or submission; as reverent words or terms; a reverent posture in prayer; reverent behavior; Submissive; humble; impressed with reverence.

reverence --> Fear mingled with respect and esteem; veneration

to fear --> To reverence; to have a reverential awe; to venerate.

veneration --> The highest degree of respect and reverence; respect mingled with some degree of awe; a feeling or sentiment excited by the dignity and superiority of a person, or by the sacredness of his character, and with regard to place, by its consecration to sacred services

So I must be submissive and humble to God. I must give him veneration and reverence. I must fear him.

So with my behaviour I am to show fear and reverence to God. I must, with my actions, be suited to His likeness.


Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment