Tuesday, July 13, 2010

VBS 2010

VBS is this week. Our theme is "I Love America." I am working in crafts and my group has 3/4 yr. old boys & girls and 5/6 & 7/8 yr. old girls.

Monday night we made paper windsocks. We let the kids decorate long sheets of construction paper (like 11 X 17, I think). The older girls glued on shapes one of the other crafters cut out with her cricut. The 3/4's colored theirs with markers. When the kids were done decorating the tube, we tape strips of crepe paper to the bottom of the back of the sheet of construction paper. We then rolled the construction paper into a tube and taped it secure. We punched two holes at the top, across from each other, and looped ribbon through for the handle. We had 54 that night - 31 big girls and 23 3/4 boys/girls.

Tonight (Tuesday) we had 71. Ahead of time we made frames out of Popsicle sticks and school glue, included a ribbon, and tied a plain white sheet of paper to the back side of the frame. The kids decorated their paper and then glued tissue paper to the frame. The kids did pretty well at it. We had 9 tables tonight but about 20 workers, so it was not bad.

I'll get pictures of the samples and post tomorrow when I share what we did.

I'm glad school supply sales started - it made for cheap VBS supplies (glue/crayons/markers).

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment