Monday, June 18, 2012

1 Chronicles 21:24

I'm up through ch. 25 in 1 Chronicles.  I should finish that book tomorrow.  I've also been staying on schedule for Psalms & Proverbs and just started Revelation.  I should finish Revelation by the end of the month and may even be able to play catch-up on some of the small NT books I skipped earlier this year (Galatians, Ephesians, James, 1 & 2 Thessalonians I believe ... my schedule's in the car :-)).  My plan for the rest of the month is to stay up to date and finish Joshua & maybe Judges as catch-up for the OT.

This jumped out at me this morning:

1 Chronicles 21:24  And king David said to Ornan, Nay; but I will verily buy it for the full price: for I will not take that which is thine for the Lord, nor offer burnt offerings without cost.

I like how King David is saying that it should cost us something when we give to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment